We are honored and pleased to have you consider American Charities Foundation. Without people like yourself it would be virtually impossible to continue bringing a powerful voice to ACF and its mission of supporting and promoting awareness of children in foster care.
We’re sure you’ll agree with the importance ACF places on the value of education and that there are no limitations on what a child can achieve, and hope you will join us in helping these children with your generous contribution and/or sponsorship. Thanks to you these children will be guaranteed an opportunity to follow their dreams and succeed in life.
Once again, thank you for your time and consideration. Your generous support will be notably recognized. Should you have any questions, please contact our Founder/Director of Major Gifts, Dick A. Maxwell at (805) 403-8103 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Let’s help give these children a voice in their futures so they will no longer feel powerless or as if they are throw away children.
~ ACF Staff & Volunteers
American Charities Foundation is a non-profit 501 (C) (3) tax exempt organization
Call Us Today: (805) 403-8103
Nearly, 20,000 foster care teens “age out” of the foster care system each year. Once they reach 18, their state and foster families are no longer required to give them assistance. They are left to fend for themselves.
Unfortunately, many foster care teens don’t have the support and life skills necessary to live on their own. Foster care studies have shown that in just four years after leaving foster care…
- 25% of the “aged out” youth have been homeless
- 42% have become parents themselves
- Fewer than 20% are able to support themselves
- Only 46% have graduated from high school
Because they lack the support systems most young adults take for granted, “aged out” foster teens are at high risk for substance abuse, domestic violence and poverty. With your help or a few hours of your time you can assist these teens in successfully entering the adult world.
Source: Guide “Aged –Out” Foster Care Teens to Become Productive Adults, by Jamie Littlefield – Senior Editor, Children’s Issues.
American Charities Foundation
P.O. Box 1688
Santa Ynez, CA. 93460
Become a Foster Parent - Foster parenting is a unique and rewarding experience that any adult can participate in. You get the chance to make a lasting impression on a child's life and grow as a parent and individual. Contact your local or state agency that oversees the foster care system. There may be an orientation which you can attend that will provide you with an overview of the process.
- Ambassadors - The gift of $1000 or more will be recognized as an ACF Ambassador by the foundation and in various foundation materials. Make your donation now!
- Direct Corporate Sponsorships - ACF welcomes the support of businesses and corporations of all sizes. Gifts can be designated to fund a specific program, event or need, according to the interests and priorities of your company.
- Underwrite / Sponsor a Fundraising Event - You’ll receive recognition and benefits according to sponsorship level.
- Support a Scholar - Your gift will provide a scholarship for a foster child to attend college. We will happily keep you updated on the specific student’s progress and successes.
- Volunteers Guild - As a tutor, business professional, fundraising, enlist the help of your friends, employees, or church to help with everyday activities. ACF volunteers are carefully screened and trained, and are drawn from the local community.
- eBay Giving Works – Under construction
- American Express – Under construction
- Matching Gifts Assets - If you would like to double your gift ask your company about matching gift opportunities.
- Holiday Giving - Many people choose to give to ACF during the holidays in lieu of traditional giving. We will send an acknowledgement to your recipient letting them know that a gift has been made in their name to help foster children.
- Honor or Memorial Gift - An honor or memorial gift is a thoughtful way to honor a special person or help a foster child in your community. Honor gifts can be made for birthdays, Mother’s day, Father’s day, holidays, just to name a few.
- Planned Gifts - Plan your estate to benefit your heirs, save taxes & support ACF.
- Fundraising Events - Attend or become involved in all stages of an event.
- Give Back Programs - Donations through qualified purchase at designated stores.
- Gifts of Retirement Plan Assets - Please contact your CPA for advice.
- Gifts of Real Estate - Please contact your CPA for advice.
- Gifts of Life Insurance - Please contact your CPA for advice.
For more information please contact:
Dick A. Maxwell
Director of Major Gifts